Youtube is one the most powerful platforms available for musicians to show their talent and become popular. You are a good musician and you know that. You put a lot of effort into making your music videos and you are happy about your work because you really made a good video. But after you upload it on youtube, you see that your videos are not getting as many views as it deserves! This happens every time and you are really confused about why even after making a good music video, you don’t get views. Well, this is because a good video is important but it is not all that is required. Your video will not be popular unless you understand your audience and make a lot more promotional efforts. However, there’s no need to be worried, as we can assist you with all of that. Let’s discuss some practical tips to get your music video the promotional boost it needs.
1. Think Like An Entertainer Not Just As A Musician!
You might be a very good musician, but on youtube, people come to get entertained. If they want pure musical bliss, they will go to music streaming platforms like Spotify, but if they are on youtube, it’s clear that they want more than just music. Here are some tips for you to better understand your viewers and tailor your music videos to their needs.
- Although your music may be amazing, on YouTube it needs to have an engaging video to draw viewers’ attention. You should think carefully about your videos that they should be entertaining to watch and make sure they look professional.
- Making Videos on current topics is a great idea. For example, during times of covid, a musician can create a music video about isolation, working from home, and other related topics. People generally pay more attention to posts that relate to current trends than any other.
- Another great idea is that musicians don’t always have to post music videos. People love variety. Sure, your channel’s primary purpose is to promote your music. However, you can sometimes create other videos such as sharing your experiences about anything, your points of view on a current topic, teasers of upcoming videos, behind the scenes clips with your viewers and so on.
- Try to find what kind of videos your viewers like the most and make more videos like that. You can do this by interacting with your audience socially, by looking at their comments or also by using youtube analytics.
2. Present Yourself Professionally!
For a YouTuber, the first impression on viewers is crucial. It’s about how you present your channel to viewers. When creating a YouTube channel, there are a few things you should pay attention to.
- Make sure you choose a high-quality logo and cover art that represents you and your personality.
- Write a compelling channel description and it should include information about you and the music.
- It’s also important that viewers perceive you as credible. This is why it’s important for you to add contact information. Links to your social media profiles and artist’s profiles on streaming platforms like Spotify are also important.
- Another thing that you need to do is to organize your content into relevant playlists. Playlists make it easy for viewers to find content on your channel and give an impression that the creator is serious about his YouTube channel.
- Uploading videos to your YouTube channel consistently is also crucial as it shows to viewers that you are a dedicated YouTuber. Additionally, it allows viewers to remember you, which is essential for building a strong fanbase.
3. Promote Your Videos Extensively!
Making a great video is never enough if you don’t promote it. Because otherwise, people will not know that you have a good video and consequently nobody watches it. Let’s discuss some good ways of promoting your music videos for youtube.
- One of the most popular ways to promote your videos is by using youtube SEO. Choose your title carefully. It should include the artist’s name and the title of the song. The name should also be interesting and built around a search keyword. A brief, but compelling description of the song is also required. It should include relevant keywords and describe your music style. You should also add a few tags to indicate genre, subgenre, and other keywords.
- Promote your videos on your social media handles.
- Another good way is youtube ads, which are a cost-effective and inexpensive way to promote your videos.
- You can submit your music videos to popular music channels on youtube if they host content from other channels. This is often a good option because you get to show your music to the viewers from established channels, many of whom may like your videos and become your viewers.
- You can also find content creators looking for music that they can use in their videos while crediting you for music. Your music might be liked by viewers who are watching their videos and they may become your viewers.
These are the most popular and effective ways to promote your music videos on YouTube. If you’re a talented content creator and musician, and you follow these steps correctly, success will gradually come to you. Just be patient and give your channel time to grow and you can be the next YouTube star. All the best!