Twitch is among the most widely used platforms for live streaming videos. With a huge audience and many great features, it has become a favourite platform of content creators from across the world. One such feature that is liked by a lot of creators on Twitch is its hosting feature. Hosting allows you to do more and is an excellent way to grow your audience and establish relationships with other creators on the platform. Particularly the auto hosting feature has proven to be a fantastic experience for both new and experienced streamers. And if you’d like to try auto hosting for yourself, just keep reading. Because we’re going to go over everything you’ll need to know to get things started.
What is Auto Hosting On Twitch?
Hosting enables you to stream the content of other broadcasters on your channel. In effect, what you do is that you have a channel on Twitch and when you don’t have any videos of your own, you use hosting to show the live videos of some other channel on your channel.
Auto hosting on Twitch makes this feature even more interesting by allowing you to automate the entire process so that whenever you are offline, it happens on its own. All you need to do is to make a list of some streamers who you believe that your viewers will enjoy watching. Then whenever you are offline, the auto host feature will automatically start showing any of the listed streams on your channel.
This feature is used by both beginner and seasoned streamers on Twitch. The professional streamers who have a large number of subscribers and viewers readily assist the smaller channels by automatically hosting their stream on the small creator’s channel.
Steps To Auto Host On Twitch
Follow the following steps carefully to enable auto host on your twitch stream.
- Go to Twitch by using the app or go to twitch.tv on your browser.
- Login to your account and click on your profile image which is located at the top right corner of your screen. Now go to Creator Dashboard.
- From the list of options in the Creator Dashboard, navigate to Setting > Channel > Featured Content
The Featured Content section is where you need to do all the settings related to the auto hosting feature. Just scroll down a bit to find the auto host settings.
- To enable auto host, switch on the button next to “Auto Host Channels.” Once enabled, it will turn blue.
- Now scroll down to the “Host List” option and click on it. Here you need to add the channel from which you want to auto host streams on your channel. Just type the names of the channels in the search box and tap on them to add them to your list.
- Lastly, you need to set the priority of the channels. By default, the channel at top of the list will be played first if it is online at that time, and if not, the channel that appears just below it will be played and so on. You can adjust the priority of the channels by dragging them up and down on the list.
With this, you are all set to use the auto hosting feature on your Twitch Streams. Do give them a try and we are sure it will boost your growth on the platform. Just remember to pick the right channels for hosting so that your viewers really find interest in them.
Also, if you are popular on Twitch, chances are that somebody may host your channel as well. You’ll receive a notification in your twitch dashboard whenever you’re hosted by somebody on the platform. This notification will tell you who hosted you and how many people watched what you did. In such a case, don’t forget to express your gratitude to the streamer who hosted you. Doing so will help to keep your relations strong and the community growing.