Twitch is among the most famous video streaming platforms these days. Millions of people use Twitch daily and Twitch also always takes care of the needs of the viewers and creators by adding many exciting features. One of such exciting features is the live chat option during a video stream. There are many people who enjoy reading live chats while streaming a video and there are some who even participate in the live chat.
But there are other people as well, who don’t like to see chats during the stream. May be they just want to focus on the video and they find chats disturbing. For all such people, there is an option to hide chat on Twitch during your stream. So if you are looking forward to a way to do that, just keep reading as we are going to discuss the easiest steps to do so.
Steps To Hide Twitch Chat For Android And iPhone
The way to hide chat is the same for both the Android and iPhone platforms. On both of these platforms, we have a Twitch app and they work in almost similar manners. So let’s see the steps to hide chat on Twitch:
- Open your Twitch mobile app and login to your account
- Browse to find a stream that you like and tap on it to watch it
Now you need to switch to landscape mode. Why? Well, that’s because on the Twitch mobile app, you can’t hide chat in portrait mode. There is just no option to do that. So you need to switch to landscape mode to find the option.
- To enter the landscape mode, tilt your device or tap on the stream and click on the rotate screen button.
- Now tap on the stream again and there in the bottom right corner you will see a chat button with a cut mark on it.
- That is the hide chat button. Just click on it and your task will be done.
The chat on your twitch stream should be hidden now and this will give you a clean streaming experience.
However, it may not always be possible to hide chat. All that can be hidden is only the regular chat area of your Twitch stream. Sometimes it is possible that a streamer has used a specially made overlay to display their live chat on the front of their stream. In such cases, you will not be able to hide the chat as there is just no way to do it.
Hide Chat On Twitch On Desktop
If you are using a desktop browser or PC application to access Twitch, then there also you have the option to hide Twitch chat during streams. In fact, it’s even easier on the desktop than it is on the mobile. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- To begin, launch your Twitch application by double-clicking its icon on your computer’s desktop, or you can also access Twitch by going to Twitch.tv on a browser like chrome.
- Find a live stream that you like and click on it to start watching.
- On the stream screen, all you have to do is click the settings icon, which is located directly beneath the chat.
- In the settings menu, you will find the hide chat option a bit on the bottom. Just tap on the button to hide the chat.
And that’s it. With just a few simple steps you can get rid of the chats if they are annoying you and enjoy a clean streaming experience whether on the mobile phone or on desktop.