Youtube has become a huge video hosting platform these days. The booming popularity of youtube has attracted a lot of professionals and passionate content creators on its platform who create really high quality videos and garner a lot of viewers attention. If you want to be a successful YouTuber, you will be in direct competition with those professionals and you can only succeed if your video quality is on par with them.
Creating a high quality video is not just about having good quality content or shooting perfect footage. It also takes a lot of editing work to present all the shooting that you have done as a coherent one piece and an interesting to watch video. To do editing you need a good editing software, but beginners often get confused about which software to use. To clear all such confusion, here we present you with a list of some of the best video editing softwares along with their features. Read on to discover the software that suits your needs at best.
Wondershare Filmora is an amazing video editor that is made to spice up your videos. It is a less expensive and easy to use software with all the effects you need to make your video exciting to watch. Read on to know its exciting features:
- Perfect for beginners.
- Lots of presets with elements, filters, transitions, and more.
- Library of royalty free sound effects and music.
- Add audio and special effects easily.
- Upto 100 Media Layers
- 4K Support
- Auto Reframe to help you recreate a video in different aspect ratios.
- Background noise removal.
- Optimize your videos for various online platforms and share directly.
PRICING: There is a free version and a paid version. In the free version, you get to use all the features but there will be a watermark on all your edited videos. To remove the watermark you can buy the software at $39.99/year or pay a one-time fee of $69.99. You also have the option to get additional benefits at $99.87/year that includes effects and filmstock.
InVideo is a fast and easy to use software with various ready to use templates. It gives a sleek and professional look to your videos and is a good software for both beginners and advanced users. Its main features are listed below:
- It is a browser based application.
- 4000+ ready to use and customizable templates.
- Library of 8 million + stock images and videos.
- Includes a big stock of transitions, animation frames, stickers, and other exciting stuff.
- Convert text to images easily.
PRICING: InVideo is less expensive than most other softwares and their basic plans come at $15/month while an advanced pack costs $30/month. There is also a free version which gives you almost all functions and that’s too without watermark.
Pinnacle studio is a perfect editing solution for those looking for fast editing. With hundreds of effects and templates, it can get the task done very quickly. But at the same time, it is also packed with several advanced features to not dissatisfy you when you need professional level adjustments. The Pinnacle studio can be said to be somewhere between basic editing tools and professional tools. Here are its top features:
- 1,500 titles, effects, and templates.
- Fast and very easy to use.
- 4K, HD and 360 video support.
- 6 track video editing
- Customizable Workspace so that you can easily get to the things you need most.
- Advanced color grading and color correction tools.
- Motion tracking and stop motion feature.
- More advanced features like audio ducking, keyframe control, time remapping, etc.
PRICING: There is no trial period but you get a 30 days money back guarantee. You can purchase the basic editor at $49.95 and if you want advanced tools as well, you can purchase advanced plans at $79.95 and $99.95.
Corel Video Studio is a popular video editing software, particularly among beginners. It is not a software that is suited for highly professional projects but it is best for those who are new to video editing. Its main features are listed below:
- Best for beginners.
- Good for editing gaming videos.
- Wide range of effects and tools.
- Easy to use and a user-friendly UI.
- Offers fast rendering
- Also supports VR, 3D media, and 4K Ultra-HD video types.
- Has various blending Modes and photoshop-like overlays
- Has a painting Creator that allows you to animate drawing and text like you’re writing.
- Record almost in any format
- Relatively inexpensive
PRICING: You get a 1 month free trial after which it is $79.99 for the pro version and $99.99 for the ultimate version.
PowerDirector is a powerful editing software that is suitable for all skill levels. Professionals love all the advanced tools that it has got and it is optimised for beginners also. However, it can still feel a little tough for those who are totally new to video editing. Have a look at its top features:
- A pack of 200 editing tools.
- Unlimited number of effects.
- Latest version comes with access to content from Shutterstock.
- A stock of various ready to use motion graphics elements.
- Feature to add customizable vector shapes.
- Multi cam editing support.
- Lots of video correction and stabilisation tools.
- Advanced object motion tracking with 100% accuracy.
- Fast rendering
PRICING: Power director comes with a yearly plan of $51.99 and a monthly plan of $19.99. There are also some plans with higher prices which offer additional features.
Final Cut Pro X is one of the most advanced video editing softwares out there. It is known for its highly sophisticated editing tools as well as being remarkably easy to use. However, a big downside is that it is not available for Windows, but only for Mac users. Let’s discuss its best features:
- Make the most out of your Mac device.
- Powerful and feature rich yet fully optimised for beginners.
- Comprehensive range of tools to work with.
- Wide range of effects and templates
- 360° video, 4K and HDR support.
- Muti-cam editing lets you sync up to 64 video angles.
- Intelligent colour balancing.
- Innovative magnetic timeline, grouping tools and good organisational features.
- Accelerated performance with fast rendering and exporting.
PRICING: You get a generous trial period of 90 days after which you can purchase the software at $299.99.
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the best and most popular video editing softwares and it is also loved by the youtube community. It combines some of the best tools with the ease of usage and is the number one choice of many professionals. Let’s discuss it main features:
- A wide range of high end editing tools available.
- High precision trimming and editing.
- Tons of video transitions and effects to choose from.
- Stock audio library
- Auto reframe footages to give you the perfect shot.
- Capability to process 4k, 8k or even VR videos.
- Allows you to publish videos directly to youtube.
- Easy to use and smooth interface.
- Allows working in collaboration
- Regular updates and new features
PRICING: You get a 7 days free trial after which you can purchase it at $20.99/month.
These are some of the best video editors out there and includes softwares for beginners as well as advanced users. Check out their features and pricing carefully and choose the one that suits your needs best. Good luck!